Here is a conference that if you are an HR professional in Ireland is probably the one employment law conference you would want to attend.
Here is an outline of the agenda:
- Review of the Year & What’s to Come ~ What does the huge rise in cases to the EAT, Equality Tribunal and Labour Court tell us? Latest on Partnership Agreement, legislation case law just in and on its way. Alastair Purdy/Killian O’Reilly
- Equality Round Up ~ Marguerite Bolger B.L takes us through the most important developments relating to equality & discrimination over the past 12 months.
- Responses to the Recession Part I ~ Jennifer Cashman gives latest advice on outsourcing, use of temps and fixed term workers, rehiring and managing the self employed.
- Social Media at Work ~ Google, Facebook, Twitter, Webcams, Blackberry & iPhones – great workplace tools but they introduce new challenges in terms of their use & regulation at work. Anna Broderick reviews legal issues relevant to the rise of social media at work.
- Contracts of Employment ~ Breda O’Malley shall refresh your approach to contracts of employment, learning from case law and other legal developments to date. Breda’s aim is to reflect on the terms and conditions of employment that might best suit your organisation and how those contracts may be tailored for your various grades of staff within the organisation.
- Responses to the Recession Part II ~ Liz Ryan looks at legal issues relevant to shorter working weeks, pay cuts, loss of benefits & pension, unpaid leave and career breaks.
- Pensions Developments ~ A round up of what’s important in this area, vital to many workers in Ireland (includes special mindmap). Jane Quinn, William Fry Solicitors
- Managing Swine Flu & Other Health Crises at Work ~ Legal Issues (session also includes examination of health & safety obligations to employers when travelling abroad). Catherine O’Flynn, William Fry Solicitors
- All About Leave ~ From Stringer to Gleeson; Duncan Inverarity reviews recent case law on sickness absence, annual leave and maternity.
The conference takes place on the 24 November 2009 between 9.30am-4.30pm at the Stillorgan Park Hotel Dublin and the investment is €595 (there is a reduced rate €445 available for employers with fewer than 50 employees and charities). Save 10% if you book and pay online.