My Personal Approach To Content Marketing Using Social Media For Communications
1. If you follow my content on my social networks, you will find it is primarily tips to help you be more effective with your visual content marketing, digital marketing, online reputation management, live video and live streaming, and social media communications and how to enhance your online visibility and personal brand through effective digital communications.
2. A lot of the content I share on social media sites is related to business, however I also share content personal reflections and perspectives on platforms such as Instagram and Pinterest.
3. I try not to re-post or share content that I have not reviewed as my objective is to share content that I consider to be of value to my followers.
4. I welcome your comments on my social media posts, however I will delete them if I consider them to be inappropriate, offensive or are self promotional.
5. I usually my primary check social media profiles every day to ensure that I respond in a timely manner to any questions or comments you have posted – if you need to contact me urgently contact me by mobile phone or email.
6. I do not automatically follow people so that I keep my feed to be manageable – I may change this approach if the platforms develop in a similar way to Twitter lists or Facebook Interest lists.
7. On LinkedIn, please send me a personalised note explaining why you would like to connect and how we know each other, if you would like to connect. If I have not met you and do not recognise your name, or if your profile looks incomplete I may decide to decline or ignore your invitation as I value my professional network and do not want to connect to people that I may not be able to support.
8. On Google Plus or YouTube, if you send me messages that I find are not relevant and where I have not opted into one of your Circles I will mute your updates, un-follow or unsubscribe to your updates, and if I deem your account to be full of spam content I may report your profile on Google Plus using the tools provided on Google.
9. Please note, I am more likely to un-follow you if you send me un-solicted promotions and ‘sales messages’ in direct messages.
My Social Connections Policies For Other Social Networks
You can refer to my Disclosure Statement here.
You can refer to my Twitter Policy here.
You can refer to my Facebook Policy here.
You can refer to my Blog Comment Policy here.
You can refer to my Copyright Policy here.
You can refer to my Legal Statement here.
You can refer to my Privacy Statement here.
My Comment Policy For Social Networks I Participate In
I would be delighted if you would like to post a comment related to my articles, reviews and posts that I publish on my social media channels.
To protect your privacy, please do not post phone numbers or email addresses in the body of your comment.
However my social media profiles and pages (including events pages on Google Plus and Facebook) are not a place to promote your services or products to my community, unless I expressly invite you to do so – I will therefore edit or delete comments and content where someone promotes their own business, comments that are made that I consider may be offensive to others, or comments that explicitly promote a product or service.
Thank you for your support in making the discussions on my posts a productive and enjoyable experience for all who read it.
Developing Your Own Social Media Governance Policy
If you found my the guidance above and like the approach I have taken towards my social media governance and social media policy of interest and are inspired to create your own personal policy, please do not copy my content and indicate it is your own – if you develop your social media connections policy based off the above I would appreciate attribution in the spirit of good social media and online etiquette.
If you are looking to develop a Social Media Policy for your organisation you can schedule a confidential meeting to explore how I can support you in developing and implementing a social media policy for your organisation.
Social Media Governance and Social Connections Policy Updated 26 September 2016 – if you have feedback about this policy or have suggested amendments that you think I should make, please contact me through my support desk.
© Copyright: All rights reserved by Krishna De, Krishna.me
Get recommended resources and tips for social business and live video success FREE!
Biz Growth News is my FREE monthly digest of actionable social marketing and live video news you can use to grow your business