If you are interested in learning how small businesses in the US are using social media, then check out this research from November 2013 conducted on behalf of LinkedIn which has now been provided as an infographic as they launch their new micro site for small business.
The infographic mentions that small businesses in the US create 6 out of 10 job postitions and last year contributed US$ 3 trillion to the US economy.
The research indicates:
– 9 out of 10 small businesses in the US use or plan to use social media
– 94 percent use social media for marketing
– 61 percent report they have attracted new customers by using social media
– 73 percent invest in social media and social advertising – more than other marketing channels with the next highest spend being for email markeitng
– 82 percent say social media is effective for lead generation
– 49 percent of the small businesses taking part in the research indicate they use social media for learning.
If you are looking for tips to help you get more from using LinkedIn then check out the new microsite from LinkedIn and also explore my LinkedIn marketing tips curated over on Pinterest.