In essence they have simplified the navigation bar and centred the ‘search bar’.
Watch a video of the changes here: New LinkedIn Navigation Bar: Quick Guide to Get Started
Here are some tips to help you navigate the new design:
– Hover over your profile picture in the upper right hand corner and the drop down menu gives you access to your account options, language and settings and the ‘Help Centre’
– You will find Companies, Groups, and content from Influencers and channels under ‘Interests’
– The ‘Search’ function has been changed (you may have already noticed this in advance of the new navigation bar) so you no longer need to search for people, companies, or jobs separately. You now get a comprehensive page of results that pulls content from all across LinkedIn
– The top articles of the day will appear in your updates stream on your ‘Homepage’
Move your cursor over All Updates and then select ‘LinkedIn Today’ to see the latest news right on your homepage.
Where To Find Items In The New LinkedIn Navigation
With the new version of LinkedIn navigation, certain features may have moved or changed. Below is a list of items and how you can find them.
– Inbox – Click the Inbox icon at the top right of the page of your homepage to access your messages and invitations
– Top Navigation Bar – The top navigation bar disappears as you scroll down the page so to see it again, move your cursor to the top of the page
– Skills and Experience – Go to http://www.linkedin.com/skills or move your cursor over any of the skills listed on a Profile and click the title of the skill
– Recruiter link – If you have a Recruiter account, you will find the Recruiter link by moving your cursor over your profile photo at the top right of your homepage and selecting Go to Recruiter. You can also log into Recruiter via http://www.linkedin.com/recruiter.
– LinkedIn Today, Influencer Posts, and Channels – Move your cursor over Interests at the top of your homepage and select Influencers
– My Company Page – Move your cursor over Interests and select Companies. Then search for your Company and click its name in the dropdown list
– Recommendations – Go to your profile page and scroll down to the Recommendations box
– Polls – Go to polls http://polls.linkedin.com/ or share polls within a group
– *Students and Alumni – Go to LinkedIn Alumni at //www.linkedin.com/college*
– Manage Team Accounts for Sales Navigator – If you are a team admin, move your cursor over your profile photo at the top right of your homepage and select Manage Team Accounts.
I hope you find these tips of assistance to help you orientate the new design as it rolls out.
Resources to help you can be found here on which this article is based:
– The LinkedIn blog post about the change http://blog.linkedin.com/2013/05/22/new-way-to-navigate-your-linkedin-experience
– Details of the changes http://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2756
– How to find the functions that were on the old navigation bar http://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38487