As we are now in October you have probably finished planning your Holiday marketing campaigns.
There is however still time to make some final adjustments to your Holiday marketing plan covering October through to New Year.
A recently published study from Crowd Tap identified the following:
- Almost 65 percent of shoppers use social media to find the perfect gift
- 44 percent of shoppers discover Holiday deals through personal recommendations
- 67 per cent of shoppers purchased a gift they found on social media channels
- 39 percent of respondents said Facebook had helped influence a purchase compared to 19.7 percent citing Pinterest and 9.8 percent mentioning Instagram
- 67 percent of people are more likely to share a digital coupon, 63 percent will share a Holiday contest or give away and 59 percent will share information about a Holiday sale on Facebook
- Almost 48 percent of shoppers commented that Pinterest provides them inspiration for gift ideas versus 32 percent citing Facebook and 4 percent citing Twitter
- 53 percent use their mobile device when in store – 66 percent of them update their friends about offers they come across.
The Crowd Tap survey is based on research they conducted with 1400 participants – it is not clear from their graphic where they were located but I suspect this is US research as the organisation is based in the US.
So if you have not fully integrated social media into your Holiday marketing plan, perhaps now is the time to revisit your programme?