- 94% go online to do research for school assignments (48% do so on a typical day)
- 81% go to websites about movies, TV shows, music groups, or sports stars
- 57% have watched a video on a video-sharing site like YouTube
- 55% go online to get information about a college, university or other school that they are thinking about attending
- 48% have bought something online like books, clothes or music.
Reading, Writing, & Research in the Digital Age
View more presentations from Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project
The research identifed that teens are using the web as follows:
Also read my recent article about the use of social media sites by young people in the UK.