New research from O2 Media indicates that:
– 73 percent will use their mobile phone to shop for Christmas gifts
– 72 percent will research for Christmas gifts online
– 91 percent of Irish smartphone users never leave their home without their mobile phone
– 39 percent of Irish smartphone users buy half of their Christmas gifts online
– 14 percent will spend more than they did last year but 21 percent plan to spend less than last year on Christmas gifts
– 28 percent will use an app to do their shopping online and 30 percent will use Amazon as their first choice
– 37 percent say they will leave a site if it is not mobile optimised
– 20 percent of people who buy gifts online do so when in a coffee shop or cafe
– 55 percent will use their mobile phone instore to ‘showroom’ comparing prices, checking product details and reviews when in store.
What ideas does this give you for making sure that your Holiday marketing plans are in great shape for the forthcoming Christmas and New Year period?