As today is World Egg Day, I wondered how we could celebrate as part of my Cooking With The Kids series.
Then I remembered that one of the recipes we recently tried was for Pavlova (recipe coming soon), so what better way than to celebrate World Egg Day than with a round up of perfect Pavlova recipes. Without eggs there could be no Pavlova!
So here are some favourite decadent Pavlova recipes that you can try baking:
– Recipe for Cherry, rose and pistachio Pavlova traybake
– Recipe for Mango and passion fruit Pavlova roulade
– Recipe for Cappuccino Pavlova
– Recipe for Raspberry ripple Pavlova
– Recipe for Spiced blackberry, pear and apple Pavlova
– Recipe for Strawberry and orange pavlova
– Recipe for Pear and chocolate mini Pavlova’s
– Recipe for Raspberry and dark chocolate mini pavlova stacks
and while it is not yet Easter you could easily adapt this Easter Lemon Pavlova recipe.
About World Egg Day and egg consumption in Ireland
The first World Egg Day was celebrated in 1996.
According to a recent Bord Bia study, over 85% of adults in Ireland enjoy eggs at least once a week, with 56% of men and 47% of women eating eggs two to three times per week.
Of the 1,008 adults surveyed, the research showed that over a third (35%) consume eggs for lunch and 34% like to enjoy eggs as part of their evening meal.
This data is from a Behaviour and Attitude’s study carried out on behalf of Bord Bia in April 2014 focusing on the purchase and consumption of eggs in the Irish market
And to celebrate World Egg Day Bord Bia produced an infographic that you can see below.
To see more of my recipes on Pinterest in my Cooking With The Kids series just follow my board here.