I am trying something new this week which I hope you will find of value. I am publishing all the curated resources from the Live Stream Insiders show that I co-host each Sunday PLUS my round up of all the social media marketing and digital marketing news that I think we need to pay attention to. Usually I have been posting these links to Storify, but I am exploring this new way of sharing. Do let me know if you find the curation of assistance.
If you want to watch the replay of this episode of the Live Stream Insiders you will find it here.
I also mention at the bottom of the curation how to join my NEW free accountability group for those of you just getting started with live video – you will also find a link to all my resources from the masterclass I delivered on the topic of live video at the Social Media Summit Ireland. If you need a speaker on the topic of social business and live streaming then you can schedule a conversation with me here.
Additional Live Stream News
Social Media And Social Business Highlights
- Facebook launch tips to help users spot fake news. Read the article about this update in the Facebook newsroom. Read the recommendations here.
- There are now 1.2 billion people actively using Facebook Messenger each month? Are you one of them? This only going to gro with the adoption of Messenger bots by small and large companies for social customer support and social selling.
- Facebook now has more than 5 million advertisers with 75% of them being from outside the US.Nearly 50 percent of Facebook’s 5 million advertisers are creating ads on mobile devices. Did you know there are With 65 million business Pages on Facebook and 8 million profiles on Instagram!
- Facebook will host their first-ever Facebook Communities Summit on June 22 and 23 in Chicago. The event is an opportunity for a few hundred group admins to gather, share and connect in real life. Hmm sounds a bit like they are taking a leaf out of the book of Periscope with this initiative.
- Facebook has launched a new feature on Messenger for Android and desktop in the US. Now you can send or receive money between groups of people on Messenger.
- Facebook launches ‘Call-to-Action Units‘ for Instant Articles. The first ones to be released are Email Sign-up call-to-action unit and the Page Like call-to-action unit. Learn more about this in the Facebook Help article.
- They have added back search tools to help you more easily find the information you need, including Saved Searches, Boolean and text field search (such as first name, last name, company and school)
- You can customise the types of notifications you receive based on what you find the most valuable – for example birthdays, work anniversaries, job changes etc.
- The ability for you to directly manage the comments you have on your long form articles, with the option to disable or enable comments.
- This week they announced an update to Messaging making it accessible from anywhere on the LinkedIn desktop experience. Read about this update to messaging here.
Other Digital News You Can Use
- Google’s parental control software Family Link is now available for iOS in the US. It offers tools that allow parents to either block or approve app downloads or block apps that are already installed. In addition, parents can track how much time kids are spending in which apps through weekly and monthly activity reports, remotely lock the child’s device on a set schedule (device “bedtimes”), and configure daily screen time limits. Read about family Link here in this TechCrunch article.
- The Huffington Post is looking to attract new audiences using newsletter-only content and niche Facebook communities. Read about the development on DigiDay.
- Google launches an autodraw app turning your doodles into graphics. Read about the app on TechCrunch.
- A Burger King TV advert which was designed to activate Google Home smart speakers and some Android phones to describe its Whopper burgers has been hijacked by members of the public. Bust the stunt has put Wikipedia in the spotlight after reports that Burger King’s own marketing team edited the Whopper page shortly before the ad campaign. Read about the campaign on the BBC and ArsTechnica.
- SOAS University of London undertook some interesting Twitter research using a list of official UN real world issues to find out how many times each one was mentioned in tweets for the whole of 2016 – see the results here.
- Did you know the CEO of Gap took a 5-year-old’s complaint from idea to major change in just 2 weeks – how about that for innovation at speed? Read about the case on Inc.
Get recommended resources and tips for social business and live video success FREE!
Biz Growth News is my FREE monthly digest of actionable social marketing and live video news you can use to grow your business
Thank you - now please check your email to confirm your subscription to Biz Growth News.