As part of my visual content marketing series of live streams on Periscope and Meerkat I recently discussed two free training programmes that I think are worth exploring.
The first is for brand marketers and is taking place in London in May and is the Search Enjine Journal Summit which you can read about here.
The second is a great initiative from Cloud Nine Recruitment and it is a series of evening workshops for new graduates taking place in London during July 2015. The series gives young people the opportunity to hear from professionals in digital marketing and recruiters to help them prepare for their future career. You can find the details here – there are however limited places.
#MyDigitalCareer is a great opportunity for new Graduates who want to to enter the digital and social media industry. The programme extends over 5 evening events taking place in London. At these events participats will be able to hear and learn from leading professionals in digital marketing. There will also be the opportunity to network and make important connections.
You do need to apply (see the link above) as places are limited to only 50 delegates.
Watch the replay of my Periscope live stream below or on YouTube here.
Your Digital Career – 6 Tips To Make Sure Your Skills Are Relevant
On the topic of developing your career in marketing, I often get contacted by people who have attended one of my workshops or have heard me speak at events over the years asking for guidance on developing their career in digital communications and marketing. One person contacted me on LinkedIn this last week and asked about undertaking a refresher course in digital marketing as they last studied a formal programme in 2011.
Here are the six key points of advice I offered:
1. Whether or not you take a formal training programme, key for a future employer will be to demonstrate you are up to date with the latest trends in your specific chosen field
2. Take advantage of the free podcasts and webinars that are available to support your learning
3. Demonstrate your knowledge in your field by publishing content – this could be a blog, using LinkedIn publisher as your platform, produce a video blog, a podcast series or even a live stream series where you share advice, knowledge and even interview thought leaders in your field which has the benefit of helping you develop your visibility and network
4. If you are considering formal training do not be confined to programmes only in the country, or even county, that you are located – many great programmes are delivered online so you cn participate whever you are in the globe
5. What ever field of digital communications you want to work within, in my personal opinion all digital communications professionals need to have a sound understanding of search engine optimisation, digital advertising, analytics and mobile markeitng trends
6. If you do not have the opportunity to put the skills to work that you want to further deepen your experiecne in look for other avenues to put skills into proactice, perhaps with your favourite non profit, charity or small business.
What would you add to this list of suggestions to professionals who want to keep up to speed with digital marketing trends for their future career success?